09 October 2009

Five Minutes of Disney's "The Princess and the Frog"

With so much Marvel-speak not to mention Magic-speak on the blog thanks to our Comics Pageturner Weekly, it just kinda seems right to throw a little Disney magic into the mix, too.
The House of Mouse's next animated feature, The Princess and The Frog, is on its slow but inevitable march into theaters. Based on E.D. Baker's novel The Frog Princess, the movie marks the studios' return to hand-drawn animation, and its been generating a lot of interest among Disney's countless fans. If for no other reason that this, I'm considering throwing my support at Princess, too. Or maybe at The Frog. I'm not sure.
Except for the Disney-Pixar Studio films, most notably Cars and The Incredibles, I've more or less strayed away from Disney's big screen cartoons. Well, to be fair, I did rent the super hero-themed Bolt, and I'm glad I did -- despite Mylie Cyrus lending her voice to that movie's main human character.
The Princess and The Frog aims to hit a slightly different target audience than mine, and with the many other movies slated for the Silver Screen, I'll probably be taking a pass at Disney's next feature film.
Still, there's plenty of good reason to check the goods out -- especially as the first five minutes of the movie have been leaked to the internet. So whether you are a Disney devotee or not, everybody's welcome to take a look at The Princess and The Frog right here.

No comments: