21 November 2009

New Moon and Old Nausea

This makes me (mostly) none too happy.
I'm going to be eating my own words here, dabblers. It won't be the last time you'll watch me do so before the weekend's over, either. Even thinking about Twilight: New Moon turns my stomach worse than the curdled banana milk shake I chugged last summer. But that was a complete accident. Tonight, I know all too well that I blog New Moon by intention. Not too long ago, I felt quite confident that my first Twilight: New Moon blogs would also be my last. Hard to believe I was ever such a naive kid.
(Of course, some of the creeping nausea overtaking me this very instant is probably because I also blogged Taylor Lautner's appearance on The Jay Leno Show last week. I was conscious then, too, but "The Good of the Many..." and all that, you know. I'm a sucker for Spock-isms.)
But a call to arms has been issued, and I'm duty bound to answer. Who am I kidding -- this is a moral imperative in my book. Blogging's a lot like marriage, really. Some vows are made to be broken, especially when they prove to be idiotic. Long story short: New Moon's opening weekend box office was through the roof. But the media's coverage (or at least all those drippy vapid New Moon fan sites that are posing as legitimate news sources) of it is so off the hook and frakked up that it demands I dirty my hands once again.
No, no external links for any of that tonight. You'll have to come back tomorrow, because dabblers, it's on. It. Is. On. And with good reason. The words are gonna fly, and they'll be worth your return trip on Sunday.
Plus, if everything comes together, I might even draw a parallel or two between New Moon and Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin. We'll see. Tonight's chart courtesy of the [Link].

No comments: