16 November 2009

Fan Art: Next Generation's "Conspiracy"

Just how long has the Dabbler been a Star Trek fan? Ha, I bet you thought I was gonna say Trekkie, or Lord forbid, Trekker. Abbracadabbling doesn't subscribe to either of those terms. Let's just say I've loved Star Trek for just about as long as I can remember without the help of a Vulcan mind meld. As for when exactly, you're going to have to stick around.
Star Trek: The Next Generation was a huge part of growing up for me plenty of other dabblers I've met -- and not just the ones I'd chat up at a convention. The show just kept getting better throughout its seven-year run. But that's not say that even its earliest seasons didn't hold a few gems that would've made anybody demand a Starfleet tour of duty.
One of my first season (1987-1988) faves was "Conspiracy", TNG's 24th episode. I've always wished the show would've followed up on the intriguing story of Federation penetration [oh, that sounds nasty, doesn't it?] by the evil alien parasites introduced in that hour, but maybe I'm one of the few fans that really found the storyline worthy of further exploration.
Or maybe not. Californian and independent comics artist Malachi Ward seems to share my love for "Conspiracy", which you can see from his comic short below. He's got plenty more, too, along with plenty of other sweet stuff that truly showcases his talent. You can find Malachi's work on his blog at the link. [Link]
Malachi, buddy, I know you loved TNG as much as me, but you got the show's Episode Number wrong. Maybe an update's in order? Boldly Go, dude. Boldly go!

No comments: